Drive with peace of mind knowing that help is just a phone call away. Emergency roadside assistance is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help with the following conditions:
- Towing (up to 15 miles)
- Flat Tire Assistance
- Fuel, Oil, Fluid and Water Delivery Service
- Lock-out Assistance
- Battery Assistance
Roadside Assistance is available 24/7/365. It helps members when owned or leased vehicles are disabled due to unavoidable circumstances. Members only have to pay for non-covered expenses or covered costs over the 15 miles towing per occurrence maximum (up to $80 retail value). This service can be used by the member, spouse, and dependent children up to 21 years of age permanently living at registered address.
- Available 24/7/365.
- Up to 15 miles towing per occurrence maximum for covered charges (up to $80 retail value).
- Towing Assistance.
- Flat Tire Assistance.
- Fuel, Oil, Fluid and Water Delivery Service.
- Lock-out Assistance.
- Battery Assistance.
- Collision Assistance.
Limit one service within 72 hours and five services per year.. Cannot be used for short-term leases (less than a year) or rental cars.
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE FAQs
Q. How does this benefit work?
A. Just by calling the toll-free number on the membership card, a service vehicle is dispatched to the member’s location. Emergency Roadside Assistance is available throughout the United States and Canada, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Members only pay for any costs in excess of the $80.00 per occurrence limit plus any non-covered costs.
Q. Can the vehicle be left unattended where it became disabled and still be serviced?
A. Service providers are not allowed to service an unattended vehicle so it is important that the vehicle remains attended after the call for assistance has been placed.
Q. Can members still be reimbursed if they pay out of pocket at the time of service?
A. Members must contact Emergency Roadside Assistance’s 24-hour, toll-free number to have an authorized network service provider dispatched to their assistance. Assistance obtained through any source other than the Emergency Roadside Assistance provider is not covered and is not reimbursable. In the event that service is not obtainable through the Emergency Roadside Assistance provider, the member will receive an authorization number from the Emergency Roadside Assistance provider and will receive a refund of payments made according to the program benefit and coverage limits for services secured independently.
Q. What exactly is considered a “covered emergency?”
A. The following are covered emergencies, subject to $80.00 per occurrence limitation:
- Towing Assistance – When towing is necessary, the covered vehicle will be towed to the closest qualified service facility or to any location requested;
- Battery Service – If a battery failure occurs, a jump-start will be applied to start the covered vehicle;
- Flat Tire Assistance – Service consists of the removal of the flat tire and its replacement with the spare tire;
- Fuel, Oil, Fluid, and Water Delivery Service – An emergency supply of fuel, oil, fluid, and water will be delivered if you are in immediate need. You must pay for the fuel or other fluid when it is delivered;
- Lock-out Assistance – If your keys are locked inside of the vehicle, we will provide assistance in gaining entry to the vehicle.